LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

PORTLAND - Parks officials trying to find out what sickened several pets at Hillsdale Park said tests found no evidence of toxins or poison in the soil.

A number of people reported that their dogs became sick after visiting the off-leash area at Hillsdale Park at Southwest 27th Avenue and Hillsdale Highway.

Testing turned up negative results for common mole poisons, Portland Parks and Recreation officials said.

No dead rodents were seen and no other evidence of toxins were found after several thorough searches, PP&R staff said. Also, no pesticides are used at the park, per Oregon law.

Officials determined that the park is safe for the public and pets so the off-leash area was re-opened.

Background: Park closed over sick dog mystery

Read or Share this story: http://www.kgw.com/story/news/2014/07/23/12040254/