KGW Media Group in Portland, Oregon, is seeking a cutting-edge producer for its morning show.
KGW NewsChannel 8 is a ratings leader in the Portland market.
If you¹re a competitive, cutting-edge producer, with a real grasp on what morning news viewers need and want - KGW wants you to join its award-winning team. It is a terrific chance to work at the leading news operation in Portland, one of the greatest cities in the United States.
KGW is looking for someone who is:
· Strong morning news writer who loves to craft copy
· Active on social media
· Loves to own breaking news and weather
· Great team player
To be successful at KGW, you must have a strong understanding and demonstrated proficiency in TV newscast production; a deep understanding of how to connect content to audiences; the ability to work unselfishly with teams in the creative process of brainstorming, developing, launching and sustaining quality programs; a love and appreciation of all genres of television -- news, dramas, comedies, reality and entertainment; and a proficiency in using social media.
Knowledge of Portland and Oregon is helpful in this position but not required. KGW puts a premium on personal integrity, teamwork, accountability, problem solving, a strong work ethic and winning.
· A bachelor's degree in journalism, film, fine arts or equivalent
· Two years experience line producing
· Strong leadership, writing and organizational skills
· An understanding of audience flow and meter strategy is needed
· Desktop video editing and graphics production skills using server-based digital video systems are required
· Demonstrated proficiency in using social media for news gathering,crowd sourcing, and interaction with viewers and sources
To apply: Qualified individuals should submit a resume and a sample of your most recent newscast to HR8@kgw.com or by mail to:
KGW Human Resources
RE: Morning News Producer
1501 SW Jefferson, Portland, OR 97201
The closing date for this position is March 7, 2014.
Applicant finalists will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test and furnish evidence of employment authorization and identification. No telephone calls please. EOE