Firefighters put out South Hill hot tub fire

Firefighters put out South Hill hot tub fire

Print
Email
|

by KREM.com

kgw.com

Posted on January 28, 2014 at 11:59 PM

Updated Wednesday, Jan 29 at 8:00 AM

SPOKANE, Wash. -- The Spokane Fire Department responded to a report of a house fire near E. Hills Court and S. Fiske Street Tuesday night.

When firefighters arrived, the back of the house was on fire. The fire crew discovered that a hot tub on the wooden deck was burning.

The occupants of the house had just left but had returned to their home after an alert neighbor reported the fire and then called them.

The fire was quickly knocked down and confined to the hot tub and deck area.  The wiring underneath the hot tub, including the pump area and insulation, was damaged severely by the fire.

The cause of this fire appears to be either electrical or mechanical in nature, according to the Spokane Fire Department. The Special Investigation Unit of the Spokane Fire Department is investigating.

The hot tub was a total loss. The total damage done was $20,000.

Print
Email
|