Portable heaters, wiring spark Wash. fire

Portable heaters, wiring spark Wash. fire

Portable heaters, wiring spark Wash. fire

Print
Email
|

by Associated Press

kgw.com

Posted on January 13, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Updated Sunday, Jan 13 at 10:55 AM

CAMAS, Wash. (AP) -- Portable electric heaters overloaded the wiring in a Camas home, sparking a fire that damaged the residence.

The Camas/Washougal Fire Department says in a release that firefighters found four people already outside the home when they arrived on scene early Saturday.

The occupants ranged from 2 years old to 24. A fire marshal found the home had no primary heat source.

The residents were relying on plugged-in portable heaters.

The heaters overloaded the house's wiring, which failed and started the fire. Damage to the rental home was estimated to be about $10,000.

Print
Email
|