Carbon monoxide poisons 5 in Clack. Co. home

Credit: Brandon Paxton, Clackamas Fire District 1

Carbon monoxide poisons 5 in Clack. Co. home

Print
Email
|

by KGW Staff

Bio | Email | Follow: @KGWNews

kgw.com

Posted on August 20, 2013 at 8:11 AM

Updated Tuesday, Aug 20 at 1:08 PM

HAPPY VALLEY, Ore. -- Five people have been taken to the hospital after they reportedly suffered carbon monoxide poisoning, fire officials said.

Crews were dispatched at around 7 a.m. to the 8500 block of Southeast Constance Drive, according to spokesman Brandon Paxton of Clackamas Fire District 1.

Three adults and two children were affected, Paxton said. The CO level inside the home was at about 120 parts per million. Normal CO levels should be less than 5 parts per million.

Investigators initially said a faulty water heater was likely to blame but the cause was narrowed later Tuesday morning to an improperly vented pool heater.


View Larger Map

Print
Email
|