PORTLAND, Ore. – Expect delays if you’re driving around Portland this weekend.
Northbound Interstate 5 will be closed from the Marquam Bridge to the Fremont Bridge this weekend. The closure begins Friday night at 10 p.m. and is scheduled to end by 4:30 a.m. Monday.
Northbound drivers on I-5 will take Interstate 405 northbound (exit 299B) across the Fremont Bridge to reach northbound I-5.
Multnomah County says the following ramps will close to keep travelers out of the work zone:
- I-5 northbound Marquam Bridge. Detour: I-405 northbound to reach I-5 northbound; I-405 northbound to I-5 southbound to reach I-84 eastbound
- I-5 northbound Broadway/North Williams on-ramp. Detour: On-ramp open north of North Going or North Alberta streets
- I-405 southbound SW Fifth Avenue on-ramp. Detour: I-405 southbound SW Broadway on-ramp
- Interstate 84 westbound off-ramp to I-5 northbound and Convention Center/Moda Center. Detour: I-5 southbound to I-405 northbound (exit 0) to reach I-5 north.
- I-84 eastbound on-ramp from the Morrison Bridge. Detour: I-84 eastbound on-ramps at NE Grand at NE Everett.
The I-5 closure is the final of four weekend shutdowns to allow construction crews to make concrete repairs under the Burnside Bridge, which crosses over lanes of the freeway. At the same time, Oregon Department of Transportation crews will work on the closed section of freeway.
© 2017 KGW-TV