Shocked Portland firefighter leaves hospital

Shocked Portland firefighter leaves hospital

Print
Email
|

by KGW Staff

Bio | Email | Follow: @KGWNews

kgw.com

Posted on July 18, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Updated Thursday, Jul 18 at 7:32 PM

PORTLAND -- A Portland firefighter who was shocked on the job earlier this week has been released from the hospital.

Leo Call said he was fighting a fire on Southwest Dolph Court Monday afternoon when he was shocked by a 240-volt power line. He and other firefighters were pulling down the ceiling to access the home's attic when he came in contact with the line.

A piece of the ceiling also fell on him. He was rushed to a nearby hospital, where he was treated for his injuries overnight and released Tuesday.

Call told KGW Thursday he was just glad he wasn't injured more severely.

"I did at one point wonder if I was trapped and if I was getting low on air," he said. "I just thought about my son for a second. I didn't know what was going to happen. Then they were pulling everything off me, helping me up."

He said he wants to get right back to work, but he'll likely take a few days off to make sure he's back to 100 percent.

______

KGW Reporter Art Edwards contributed to this report.

 

Print
Email
|