FOREST GROVE, Ore. -- A Forest Grove woman was injured when she jumped out of a window to escape a mobile home fire Tuesday evening, fire officials said.
Crews were called to a fire that had already been extinguished in the Grove Mobile Home Park, at 3831 Pacific Avenue, just after 7 p.m., said David Nemeyer of the Forest Grove Fire Department.
"Firefighters were able to confirm that, thanks to a quick-thinking neighbor, there was no longer a fire burning in the home" by the time crews arrived, Nemeyer said.
The occupant of the home said she had been cooking bacon in a frying pan when the grease caught fire. She grabbed the pan to take it outside, spilling flaming grease from the kitchen to the living room.
The fire blocked her exit and she ran to a bedroom to leap out the window, Nemeyer said. The woman did not suffer smoke inhalation or burn injuries, but was hurt in the fall. She was taken to Tuality Hospital with injuries that were not life-threatening.
The charred flooring was removed from the home. No damage estimate was available.