Faulty electrical wiring sparks SE Portland fire

Faulty electrical wiring sparks SE Portland fire

Faulty electrical wiring sparks SE Portland fire

Print
Email
|

by Evan Sernoffsky, kgw.com staff

kgw.com

Posted on December 29, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Updated Saturday, Dec 29 at 1:33 PM

PORTLAND – Faulty electrical wiring sparked a blaze inside of a home in Southeast Portland late Friday night, firefighters said.

Crews were challenged to put out the fire at 5815 Southeast Ramona because their path was obstructed by a house filled with clutter, said Ron Rouse with Portland Fire & Rescue.

Just after 11 p.m., firefighters showed up at the home and saw smoke and flames coming from the chimney. After moving things out of the way to make a path to the fire, crews were finally able to extinguish the flames.

All of the home’s occupants were out of the house. Crews estimate the damages to be around $10,000.

Print
Email
|