Man describes blast at Clackamas home

Man describes blast at Clackamas home

Print
Email
|

by KGW Staff

Bio | Email | Follow: @KGWNews

kgw.com

Posted on April 27, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Updated Friday, Apr 27 at 12:36 PM

CLACKAMAS, Ore. -- A Clackamas man is recovering after his mobile home exploded while he was just outside the door.

John Duncan suffered burns to his hands and back, as well as broken bones in his face, when his home in the Sunrise Village Mobile Home Park exploded on April 2.

Background: Mobile home explodes in Clackamas County

Doctors said he is making a quick recovery, and he's slowing starting to remember what happened.

"I just keep thinking, if I would have stayed in bed and it happened the same time..." Duncan said "I thank my lucky stars, I guess."

Duncan and his girlfriend recovered a few items from the wreckage and said they hope to rebuild. Investigators said the blast was caused by a faulty furnace repair that led to a natural gas leak.

Print
Email
|