FAIRVIEW, Ore. – Twenty people were taken to the hospital Tuesday after breathing in carbon monoxide fumes in a warehouse at Townsend farms, Gresham fire officials said.
Officials told KGW that a work crew was pressure washing the warehouse Monday night in an area that was not ventilated. When workers arrived Tuesday morning, they breathed in the fumes and became sick.
Officials said the injuries are all non-life-threatening.
The Gresham Fire Department responded to calls from the farm at 23303 NE Sandy Blvd. shortly before 10 a.m.