Apartment fire displaces 10 in Vancouver

Apartment fire displaces 10 in Vancouver

Print
Email
|

by KGW staff

Bio | Email | Follow: @KGWNews

kgw.com

Posted on November 18, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Updated Sunday, Nov 18 at 11:12 PM

VANCOUVER – An unattended candle was to blame of a fire that seriously damaged a Vancouver apartment and left ten people without a place to live Sunday.

The fire broke out on Northeast 7th Street in Vancouver around 6:30 a.m.

All of the tenants made it out safely, and the apartment manager said the fire started in the garage.

“The tenant had a friend staying in the garage and it was evening they said they were going to bed…he said he fell asleep,” the apartment manager told KGW.

The Red Cross was helping the tenants find a place to stay Sunday night.

Print
Email
|