BEND, Ore. (AP) — A central Oregon sheriff's officer says one of four people burned when gasoline was poured on a weekend warming fire has died of his injuries.
KTVZ-TV reports (http://is.gd/FR8sTT ) Deschutes County sheriff's Sgt. Mark Eggert said Tuesday that 56-year-old Donald Pierce of Sisters died at a Portland hospital burn unit.
Eggert did not identify the other victims, two of whom also were flown to the Portland hospital with serious burns. He did say the sheriff's office has determined the Saturday night injuries resulted from an accident.
KTVZ reports that one of the injured was a 52-year-old woman. She was in critical condition Tuesday with severe burns.
Authorities say the fire blazed and a gas can exploded when gasoline was poured on a warming fire in a backyard fire pit. Sheriff's Sgt. Ty Rupert said the homeowner who built the fire was having trouble keeping it burning.
Information from: KTVZ-TV, http://www.ktvz.com/