Second Bend fire started by electrocuted squirrel

Print
Email
|

Associated Press

Posted on September 23, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Updated Friday, Oct 4 at 11:48 AM

BEND, Ore. (AP) — A brush fire was sparked Sunday near Bend by a squirrel that was electrocuted by touching power lines.

The fire burned some trees and melted some plastic parts on a nearby camping trailer.

KTVZ reports (http://bit.ly/18l6Gvj ) it's the second squirrel-related fire recently in Bend. Another squirrel picking a poor perch was killed Sept. 8 and started a small fire that knocked out power to hundreds in Bend's Westside area for up to four hours.

___

Information from: KTVZ-TV, http://www.ktvz.com/

Print
Email
|