Umatilla, Ore., woman dies of smoke inhalation

Print
Email
|

Associated Press

Posted on December 5, 2012 at 9:31 AM

UMATILLA, Ore. (AP) — Authorities say an 86-year-old Umatilla, Ore., woman died from smoke inhalation after a fire started in her apartment.

The East Oregonian says Opal Young's caregiver found the fire when she went to visit the woman Tuesday morning.

The newspaper says the fire started in a plastic trash can next to the victim's bed and was believed to be caused by a cigarette.

___

Information from: East Oregonian, http://www.eastoregonian.info

Print
Email
|