Teen dies after drinking alcohol, energy drinks

Teen dies after drinking alcohol, energy drinks

Print
Email
|

by KING 5 News, KREM.com

kgw.com

Posted on October 31, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Updated Saturday, Nov 23 at 8:39 PM

A Washington State University freshman died over the weekend from what investigators said was alcohol poisoning.

Kenneth Hummel, 18, was found unconscious in Stephenson Hall early Sunday.

Whitman County Medical Examiners determined his blood alcohol level exceeded 0.4, five times more than the legal limit.

Hummel is from Lynnwood. His family said Wednesday they believe the combination of alcohol and energy drinks contributed to his death.

They said the teen mixed alcohol and 5 Hour Energy drinks the night he died. Hummel’s family said they believe the energy drinks kept him awake and kept him drinking.

Investigators ruled the death accidental.

 


 

Print
Email
|