RUCH, Ore. (AP) — Fire destroyed a home in the southern Oregon town of Ruch.
Jason Smith told the Mail Tribune (http://is.gd/iiEB3o ) he noticed a glow coming from his living room when awoke Tuesday.
He thought his daughters were playing with flashlights, but soon saw flames from his front porch spreading to his living room.
Smith said he quickly woke his wife, three teenage daughters and two nieces. No one was injured, but Smith was unable to save one of two family dogs.
Fire officials believe the fire started in the attic and spread to the front porch area. A propane tank from the barbecue on the front porch exploded.
The house was part of the 300-acre Bull Creek Ranch that Smith's family has owned since 1907.
Information from: Mail Tribune, http://www.mailtribune.com/