CAMAS, Wash. (AP) -- Portable electric heaters overloaded the wiring in a Camas home, sparking a fire that damaged the residence.
The Camas/Washougal Fire Department says in a release that firefighters found four people already outside the home when they arrived on scene early Saturday.
The occupants ranged from 2 years old to 24. A fire marshal found the home had no primary heat source.
The residents were relying on plugged-in portable heaters.
The heaters overloaded the house's wiring, which failed and started the fire. Damage to the rental home was estimated to be about $10,000.