Malfunctioning heater causes Portland home fire

Malfunctioning heater causes Portland home fire

Malfunctioning heater causes Portland home fire

Print
Email
|

by Evan Sernoffsky, KGW.com Staff

kgw.com

Posted on December 27, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Updated Friday, Dec 27 at 4:52 PM

PORTLAND – Two people were injured after propane heater malfunctioned in a Portland garage, causing a home to go up in flames Friday morning, firefighters said.

Around 8 a.m., firefighters started battling the blaze at SE 2021 161st Court that spread to the home through the attic and torched a car in the driveway, said Ron Rouse with Portland Fire & Rescue.

One man had minor burns on his arms and head, and another man went to the hospital as a precaution.

Investigators said the fire caused $85,000 in damage.

Print
Email
|