FOREST GROVE, Ore. – Students at Joseph Gale Elementary School reportedly ate ice-melting pellets spread on the sidewalk outside the school Wednesday, firefighters said.
Early Wednesday afternoon, firefighters rushed to the school after reports 11 students had eaten the pellets, said David Nemeyer with Forest Grove Fire.
After evaluating the kids and calling poison control, firefighters determined the de-icing granules were not toxic and mainly salt based.
The kids were not taken to the hospital and were left in the care of the school nurse.
Firefighters said the kids will likely have stomach aches tonight.
Crews are on scene at Joseph Gale Elem evaluating 11 students who ingested ice melting pebbles. No transports have occurred at this time. MJ— Forest Grove Fire (@ForestGroveFire) December 4, 2013