Euguene man smoking in bed has stroke, dies in fire

Euguene man smoking in bed has stroke, dies in fire

Credit: AP

Euguene man smoking in bed has stroke, dies in fire

Print
Email
|

by Associated Press

kgw.com

Posted on April 10, 2014 at 10:03 AM

EUGENE, Ore. -- Eugene fire officials say a man smoking a cigar in bed earlier this week had a stroke, and the burning cigar caused a fire he couldn't escape.

The Register-Guard reports the man was in his 70s and lived in the house with his mother, in her 90s. She escaped.

The fire broke out about 11 p.m. Monday. Officials haven't identified the residents of the house in South Eugene.

Print
Email
|