PORTLAND - Cooling centers were being set up around Portland as temperatures were expected in the triple digits by Thursday.
“Heat affects everyone, but older adults and people with disabilities are particularly at risk,’’Multnomah County’s Aging and Disability Services program supervisor Paul Iarrobino said. “Our community has come together to help.”
Cooling centers have been set up at the following locations:,
- Loaves & Fishes Centers, Elm Court, 1032 SW Main, Portland (503-953-8204)
- Salvation Army Rose Center, 211 NE 18th Ave., Portland (808) 295-0012
- Hollywood Senior Center, 1820 NE 40th Ave., Portland (503-288-8303)
- Friendly House, 1737 NW 26th Ave., Portland (503-224-2640)
- YWCA Senior Services, Multnomah Co. East Building, 600 NE 8th St., Gresham (503-988-3840).