QUINCY, Wash. (AP) — A drug overdose victim died over the weekend in Washington state and many others were sickened after taking a potent mixture of a drug called "Molly."
The Chelan County coroner identified the man who died as Patrick Witkowski, 21, of Des Moines, Wash. The coroner said Witkowski was a Washington State University student.
Steve Dickens, house supervisor at Central Washington Hospital, said several patients were taken to the medical center in Wenatchee overnight Friday while others were treated at other nearby hospitals.
"Molly" is a drug that can be similar to ecstasy.
KOMO News in Seattle reports the concert goers fell ill during the Paradiso Festival at the Gorge Ampitheatre, which featured dozens of electronic music performances. More than 25,000 people attended.
Sarina Fahrner, the chief nursing officer at Quincy Valley Medical Center, told KOMO there were more than 100 overdose patients.
A hospital spokeswoman said three remained in serious condition Monday evening.