Tomato Basil Eggplant Parmesan
- Large Eggplant, sliced ¼” thick 2 ea. (about 24 slices)
- Olive oil 2 Tbsp.
- Wolfgang Puck Tomato Basil Soup 29oz. (2 cans)
- Fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced ¼” thick 1lb.
- Parmesan cheese, grated ½ Cup
- Basil pesto ½ Cup
- Equipment: 9X9” Baking dish or similar, baking sheet
1. Layer the sliced eggplant on a baking sheet in a single layer. Drizzle the oil
lightly over the eggplant. Bake the eggplant at 300 degrees for about 10 to
14 minutes, or until the eggplant is dried a bit, and softened. (A little brown
color on the eggplant is okay.)
2. To assemble, layer the bottom of the baking dish with ½ Cup of the tomato
soup. Add a layer of eggplant. Repeat layers of soup and eggplant so that
there are 4 layers.
3. To complete the dish assembly, spread the remaining soup over the top of
the eggplant, followed by a thick layer of the sliced mozzarella cheese and
a thin even layer of parmesan cheese.
4. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes uncovered, until the
cheese bubbly and lightly browned on top.
To serve, let the casserole cool slightly. Garnish with a drizzle of basil pesto