Dark Chocolate Truffles
- 1/3 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Cups Nestle Toll House Dark Chocolate Morsels
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, cut into pieces
- 3/4 Cup Almonds or Pecans, finely chopped
1. Slowly bring the cream to a simmer in a saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in the
chocolate and butter. In the bottom of double boiler, bring 1/2" water to a slow simmer. Set
pot of chocolate on top. Stir mixture just until chocolate has melted. Remove from heat.
Refrigerate for 20 minutes, until slightly thickened.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. With a spoon, scoop chocolate and make
rounded balls. Drop onto parchment paper. Refrigerate again for 20 minutes. Round balls
and drop into the nut coating. Repeat. Shake the pie plate to coat the truffles evenly. Place
into a container, separating the layers with additional waxed paper. Cover tightly and
refrigerate up to 2 weeks, or freeze up to 3 months. Also try cocoa powder or pistachios for