· 2 pounds red potatoes, cut into large chunks
· 3/4 cup milk
· 3/4 teaspoon salt
· 6 tablespoons Kerrygold Butter, plus additional melted butter if desired
· 1 cup chopped onion
· 6 cups finely shredded green cabbage (or one 10-ounce package)
· 1 cup (about 4 ounces) shredded Kerrygold Dubliner or Blarney Castle Cheese
· Freshly ground pepper to taste
Cook potatoes in boiling water about 20 minutes or until very tender; drain well and mash with skins on, adding milk and salt.
While potatoes are cooking, melt butter in a large skillet. Add onion; cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until very soft.
Add cabbage; cook and stir for 5 minutes more or until very soft. Stir cabbage mixture and cheese into hot potatoes and
season with pepper. Mound onto serving plates and make a well in the center of each. Pour a little melted butter into each
well, if desired. Makes 8 servings.