Chicken, California Avocado and Grapefruit Salad
- 2 Red Grapefruits
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Grapefruit Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 Tablespoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Cups Chicken, cooked and cubed
- 3 Each California Avocados
- Fresh Lemon Juice
1. Halve the grapefruits. With a sharp knife, slice between the membranes. Remove the
segments from one side of the grapefruits. Juice the remaining half and set aside.
2. Whisk together grapefruit juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper. Place
grapefruit segments in dressing. Let stand for 5 minutes.
3. Cube one avocado. Slice remaining two in half, removing pit. Carefully use a spoon and
remove avocado half from skin. Squeeze lemon juice and coat avocado.
4. Toss chicken with grapefruit mixture. Gently stir in cubed avocado. Set avocado halves on
plates and serve chicken on top, spilling over onto plate.