Just like vinegar, baking soda is one of my all time favorite natural cleaners. Right now, you can enter to win a $10 Walmart gift card towards the purchase of baking soda. Such an inexpensive product that has so many wonderful uses and it actually WORKS!
10 Ways to Clean with Baking Soda
1. Homemade Drain Opener: This is one of my favorites, I use this all the time and on occasion, add citrus peels to it just to add a little scent into the mix.
2. Oven Cleaner: This cleaner is AMAZING! Plus, no more harsh chemical oven cleaners that take your breath away. This actually works and it's much better for your health.
3. Soft Scrub Shower/Bath Cleaner: If you are a huge Soft Scrub fan then you'll love this homemade version. It works just as well and it's a fraction of the price.
4. Fresh Carpet Cleaner: Simple sprinkle baking soda on your carpets, let it sit at least 15 minutes then vacuum it all up. That's it! It works wonders and it is so inexpensive that if the smell returns, you can do it again without having to call professionals.
5. Grout Cleaner: This solution is perfect for cleaning dingy grout and again, it's all natural so you can skip the harsh chemicals!
6. Homemade Scouring Powder: A friend sent this recipe to us and it takes only three ingredients. You can use it in place of Ajax or other products along those lines. Just mix together 1 cup Borax, 1 cup Baking Soda and 1/2 cup of Salt. It's that easy!
7. Toilet Bowl Cleaner: This is great and so simple...especially if you have boys. Yep, YUCK.
8. Natural Ant Repellent: Got ants? Sprinkle a mixture of baking soda and powdered sugar around the doorways and/or windows. The ants will eat the mix and well, they won't feel so well. Problem solved.
9. All Purpose Cleaner: Need just a basic cleaner? Find out how to mix baking soda with other natural cleaners and get the job done.
10. Goo-Gone: This was a new recipe for me, I'm excited to find this one and hope to try it out soon. The price of Goo-Gone can be very expensive!
Enjoy the cleaning, no excuses! :-)