It just so happens I actually have a ton of chicken wire sitting in my garage. I have made quite a bit with it, some of which I share below, but I really wasn't sure what to do with the rest. Fueled by my desire to not throw it out, I found some pretty snazzy ways to use chicken wire and thought I would share them with you
10 Creative Uses for Chicken Wire
1. Chicken Wire Picture Frame: This is a very easy DIY that I have given as gifts and have several hanging on my wall. All you have to do is grab an old picture frame and staple the wire right on. Enjoy!
2. Pest Protector: Keep rabbits and/or other random creatures out of your garden by surrounding it in chicken wire. It is inexpensive and super easy to create. You can also make small domes out of it to cover your potted plants.
3. DIY Window Command Center: Grab an old window (possibly from a previous craft project) and cover it with chicken wire. You can then hang pictures, notes or whatever you'd like. It's easy and frugal!
4. Glass Replacement: Replace the glass on your china cabinet with chicken wire! Yep, I'm serious. If you've been wanting to change up the look of your home, chicken wire could be a great frugal alternative for you. It will certainly give a rustic, farm look which is all the rage on Pinterest, you know.
5. Basket/Tray Lining: If you have an old basket or tray that you're thinking about tossing out, replace the bottom with chicken wire. Again, it's a rustic look that really brings character. I don't have a tray that's falling a part but I'm seriously considering busting up my good one just to put the wire on the bottom!
6. Make Your Own Chicken Wire Basket: Well, this is flat out adorable. Use an old lampshade to create a funky chicken wire basket. I really think this one is cool too, the uses for chicken wire are endless!
7. Chicken Wire Mason Jars: Scroll down a bit on that link and you'll see three jars using chicken wire for the cover. You can then use those to place flowers or other things and create a one of a kind centerpiece.
8. Chicken Wire Wall: It's a chicken wire wall. Chicken. Wire. Wall. Seriously. Click the link and check it out. AMAZING. I'm going to work up the nerve to pull this off one day...
9. Mason Jar Decor: A bit different than the earlier tip, wrap the chicken wire around on the outside to create a funky decoration that is perfect for events!
10. Make a Chicken Coop: Duh. :)
If you have some creative uses for chicken wire, feel free to share them! I love to repurpose things and make 'em funky!