PORTLAND – Starting Wednesday, Cover Oregon is hosting the first of six fairs across the state so Oregonians can sign up in person for health insurance.
Cover Oregon application fairs:
• Medford, Nov. 20, 12-8:00 p.m. at the Ramada Medford Hotel & Conference Center (Note: event registration is closed for Medford. For application assistance, find a community partner or agent in the area on CoverOregon.com.
• Eugene, Nov. 21, 12-8:00 p.m. at Lane Events Center
• Bend, Nov. 22, 12-8:00 p.m. at the Riverhouse Hotel & Convention Center
• Salem, Nov. 25, 12-8:00 p.m. at the Oregon State Fair & Expo Center (Cascade Hall)
• For a list of all events, click here
Anyone attending a fair should have the following information handy:
• Social Security number (or Alien Resident number) for everyone who has one and who is applying for coverage
• Birth dates
• Employer and income information
• Other information such as alimony paid, student loan interest, educator expenses, IRA contributions and tuition/fees
• Any self-employment deductions
• Policy number(s) and plan name(s) for any current health insurance
• Information about health coverage available through an employer
Earlier this month, Governor John Kitzhaber said he would deploy additional resources to get more residents enrolled in health care plans after the state’s roll out of the Affordable Care Act had yet to enroll a single person on the Cover Oregon website.
Cover Oregon’s leaders will face some tough questions about the enrollment system during three key legislative committee meetings in Salem Wednesday.
Complete coverage: Health reform