Have you ever wondered if you live in a state that's suitable for hippies? Well, here's your answer. Oregon was just ranked as the #4 U.S. state for hippies in a new study.
The study was published by Estately, a national real estate search site.
The rankings were determined by a number of different variables:
- Number of communes and intentional communities per capita in each state
- Number of food co-ops per capita in each state
- Number of local Etsy stores per capita selling hemp, patchouli, and tie-dye products
- Percentage of Facebook users who express interest in the following: Grateful Dead, Phish, cannabis, tie-dye, peace, LSD, Bob Dylan, and hippies
Then, each state (and the District of Columbia) was ranked from 1-51, with one being the most hippie and 51 being the least.
Although Oregon came in 4th place overall, our state did rank #1 in a few categories:
- Sales of homemade tie-dye per capita
- Communes per capita
- #1 U.S city for hippies (Eugene)
Which state won the coveted title of Most Hippie? Vermont. And the least? Mississippi.