1. “I is what I is and I’m not changing.”
a. Toronto Mayor Rob Ford
b. TV chef Paula Deen
c. Former San Diego Mayor Bob Filner
2. “I do not like green eggs and ham.”
a. Texas Sen. Ted Cruz
b. TV chef Paula Deen
c. Texas State Sen. Wendy Davis
3. “We have time and again said that under no circumstances would we seek any weapons of mass destruction, including nuclear weapons, nor will we ever.”
a. North Korean leader Kim Jong-un
b. Iranian President Hassan Rouhani
c. Syrian President Bashar Assad
4. Which new father made this comment when asked about his baby: “He's got her looks thankfully.”
a. Actor Alec Baldwin
b. Rapper Kanye West
c. Prince William
5. “I made a strong choice that in no way diminishes my femininity.”
a. Pvt. Chelsea Manning
b. Actress Angelina Jolie
c. Pakistani girl-power activist Malala Yousafazi
6. “We’ve hit bottom.”
a. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi
b. Detroit Mayor Dave Bing
c. MTV Video Music Awards director Hamish Hamilton
7. "I'm the definition of a man, bro."
a. Cleveland hero Chuck Ramsey
b. R&B star Chris Brown
c. Actor Michael Douglas
8. “Who am I to judge?”
a. "The Voice" host Adam Levine
b. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia
c. Pope Francis
9. "First party's at my cabin!"
a. Lottery winner Willie Seeley
b. New Carnival Cruise CEO Arnold Donald
c. Maine hermit Christopher Knight
10. "If I was in the Senate right now, I’d kill myself.”
a. House Speaker John Boehner
b. Former senator Hillary Clinton
c. New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie
11. “To this day, I can hardly believe that I was capable of such violence, but I know that I was.”
a. Boyfriend-killer Jodi Arias
b. Fort Hood shooter Maj. Nidal Hasan
c. Olympic sprinter Oscar Pistorius
12. “These people are trying to paint me as a monster and I’m not a monster. I’m sick.”
a. Penn State molester Jerry Sandusky
b. Cleveland kidnapper Ariel Castro
c. Boston Marathon suspect Dzhokhar Tsarneav
13. "If you're asking me if I want to compete again, the answer is hell yes, I'm a competitor."
a. Sexting congressman Anthony Weiner
b. NFL player and murder suspect Aaron Hernandez
c. Disgraced cyclist Lance Armstrong
14. “There are very few African-American men in this country who haven’t had the experience of being followed when they were shopping in a department store. That includes me.”
a. “Treme” actor Rob Brown
b. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas
c. President Barack Obama
15. “Internalized homophobia is a bitch.”
a. NBA star Jason Collins
b. Maine Congressman Mike Michaud
c. DOMA plaintiff Edith Windsor
16. "I pooped my pants."
a. Toronto Mayor Rob Ford
b. TODAY co-anchor Al Roker
c. Pop star Justin Bieber
17. “I do not expect to see home again.”
a. NSA leaker Edward Snowden
b. North Korean detainee Merrill Newman
c. LAPD cop killer Christopher Dorner
18. "Hold me accountable for the debacle. I'm responsible."
a. University of Alabama football coach Nick Saban
b. Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius
c. Mandela funeral sign-language interpreter Thamsanqa Jantji
19. “As far as I'm concerned, I didn't get a fair trial. This is a sham.”
a. Boston mobster Whitey Bulger
b. Boyfriend-killer Jodi Arias
c. Abortion provider Dr. Kermit Gosnell 20.
Asked about a mass shooting, NRA chief Wayne LaPierre told “Meet the Press” in September that “there weren’t enough good guys with guns.” What was he talking about?
a. The Newtown massacre
b. The Washington Navy Yard shooting
c. The Los Angeles Airport shooting
20. In September, former NBA star Dennis Rodman said, "He's my friend for life. I don't care what you guys think about him.” Who was he talking about?
a. NBA player Lamar Odom
b. North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un
c. “Celebrity Apprentice” host Donald Trump
21. U.S. Rep Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) made headlines by referring to a group as “lemmings in suicide vests.” Who was he talking about?
a. Al Qaeda terrorists
b. Pro-EU protesters in the Ukraine
c. Republicans shutting down the government
22. Match the twerking quote with the person who said it:
a. "I've never done twerking in my life and I don't intend to take it up."
b. “I haven't really seen one bad comment about my twerk video.”
c. "If I had a daughter of nine, I wouldn't want her twerking."
d. "We think the most likely theory is that it is an alteration of work, because that word has a history of being used in similar ways, with dancers being encouraged to 'work it.' The 't' could be a result of blending with another word such as twist or twitch."
e. Rep. Michelle Bachmann (R-Minn.)
f. "Wrecking Ball" singer Miley Cyrus
g. Oxford English Dictionary editor Katherine Connor Martin
h. Singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran
BONUS: Which of these statements did Toronto Mayor Rob Ford NOT make:
a. “I made mistakes, I drank too much, I smoked some crack some time. What can I say? I made a mistake, I’m human.”
b. “I’m happily married. I’ve got more than enough to eat at home.”
c. “You guys have just attacked Kuwait.”
d. "I've had a come-to-Jesus moment."
e. "I urinated in a parking lot. What does that have to do with anything?”
f. "I am a role model."
Answers to NBC quote quiz The answers: 1-b; 2-a; 3-b; 4-c; 5-b; 6-b; 7-a; 8-c; 9-a; 10-c; 11-a; 12-b; 13-c; 14-c; 15-c; 16-b; 17-a; 18-a; 19-b; 20-b; 21-c; 22 (a-e, b-f, c-h, d-g) BONUS: Trick question — he said all of them.