When considering cities with a population of 100,000 or greater, the snowiest city of this winter is Erie, Pa. Dating back to the late 1800s, this winter ranks as the eighth snowiest on record for the city near the shore of Lake Erie.
Total snow for the season so far is 124.9 inches. While not a record, the total is nearly 3 feet above normal. The above photo shows a resident of Erie digging out earlier this winter. Below is the list of the top five snowy cities:
1. Erie, Pennsylvania: 124.9 inches, all time record is 149.1 inches back in 2000-20001.
2. Syracuse, New York: 114.8 inches, all time record is 192.1 inches in 1992-1993
3. Grand Rapids, Michigan: 110.7 inches, all time record 132 inches in 1951-1952
4. Buffalo, New York: 106.8 inches, all time record 199.4 inches in 1976-1977
5. Billings, Montana: 91.5 inches, all time record 98.7 inches in 1996-1997
Read more at: www.weather.com/news/snowiest-cities-winter-2013-2014-20140303?pageno=1
Meteorologist Rod Hill, follow me @