Toxic Microwave Popcorn? " /> Toxic Microwave Popcorn? "/>

Stephanie Stricklen

Recent posts
More
Find posts by keyword
Find posts by date

Print
Email
|

Toxic Microwave Popcorn?

by Stephanie Stricklen

kgw.com

Posted on September 6, 2007 at 6:41 AM

Updated Wednesday, Nov 4 at 2:43 PM

We talked about this in the morning show. I saw stuff beginning to move on our wires yesterday, but when I saw the Today Show landed the interview with the man who got this "popcorn lung".. it made perfect sense to do more with the story.

I mean, pretty much everyone eats microwave popcorn, right??

So-- here is the skinny on the story.

First, for those of us who don't have a medical degree. This is a great Associated Press writeup that details how the doctor made the connection..
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hg2_RfPPdec6l9xS67hL8JkX9UKQ

And this has more on the techical side:
http://www.medpagetoday.com/Pulmonary/Pneumonia/dh/6589

Okay.. have you heard of the Seattle treesweater gal? ((http://erika.fisherking.org/?page_id=271))
WE NOW HAVE ONE OF OUR OWN!!

treesweater.jpg

Angie in Albany knitted this treesweater and frankly, I think this is one of the cutest, most fun ideas I've heard of since those little plastic horses that get hitched to the old horse rings in downtown ((http://www.horseproject.net/)).

I love it here. I really do.

Click here to email Stephanie Stricklen who one time tried to knit an afghan, which quickly turned into a scarf, and then into a half-finished scarf that sat in a basket collecting dust.

Print
Email
|