EUGENE, Ore. – Oregon Ducks wide receiver Darren Carrington is no longer a member of the football team after he was arrested July 1 for DUII.

Oregon football coach Willie Taggart released the following statement Friday afternoon:

I have visited with Darren Carrington and informed him that he is no longer a member of our program. We will always consider Darren a Duck and support him in any way we can. We wish him all the best in his future endeavors.

Carrington crashed into a McDonald’s drive-through in Eugene on July 1 at 3:15 a.m., according to police.

He was booked into the Lane County Jail and released after bail was posted on his behalf. He was also cited for careless driving and making an improper turn.

The senior was suspended by Oregon later that day. Shortly thereafter, Carrington posted a photo showing some of his Ducks teammate on Instagram that said, “Thanks for everything I’ll truly miss my brothers love ya’ll.”

The 22-year-old Carrington is scheduled to appear in Eugene Municipal Court on July 21.

Last season, he caught 43 passes for 606 yards and five touchdowns.

Thanks for everything I'll truly miss my brothers love y'all 1DEEP OFFTGEGRID😪✌🏽

A post shared by Darren Carrington II (@1deepdc) on

Carrington, a senior, was one of the top returning receivers for the Ducks. He caught 43 passes for 606 yards and five touchdowns last season. His 606 receiving yards and five touchdowns were team highs for Ducks receivers.

Oregon Ducks wide receiver Darren Carrington (22) catches pass for a touchdown against the TCU Horned Frogs (Photo: Erich Schlegel-USA TODAY Sports)

During his freshman season, Carrington was suspended for the 2015 National Championship Game against Ohio State for failing an NCAA drug test. He also was suspended for the first half of his sophomore season due to the failed test. While he was serving the suspension, Carrington, who was 20 at the time, was cited for having an open container of alcohol.

Last October, Carrington was accused of assault but he was never charged.