PORTLAND, Ore. -- The public was briefly evacuated from an area of downtown Portland due to an electrical vault fire late Wednesday afternoon.

Portland Fire & Rescue tweeted that crews were on the scene at an electrical vault at Southwest 12th Avenue and Yamhill Street just before 5 p.m. About 10 minutes later, they said their response was pared down.

The fire was caused by a cigar dropped into the vault, PF&R said.

No one ws hurt

An electrical vault, also known as a utility vault or transformer vault, is a room -- usually located underground -- that houses electrical and other public utility equipment.