PORTLAND, Ore. -- A 50-year-old man was rescued Thursday morning after he fell through the ice into a lake at Oaks Bottom Wildlife Refuge while cross-country skiing.
Portland Fire and Rescue tweeted that rescue crews were able to pull him out of the lake and that he is in good condition.
UPDATE: Male, 50s, cross country skiing across lake at Oak Bottom fell thru ice. Crews rescued him & he is in good condition. PIO enroute.— Portland Fire&Rescue (@PDXFire) January 12, 2017
He was able to walk out of the area with rescuers.
- When will all the snow melt?
- Mayor urges Portlanders to help homeless in the cold
- Reporter notebook: January snow storm
- Snow totals around the metro area
- Photos: Kids in the snow | Pets in the snow
- Watch: Zoo animals have a snow day